STEP 1: SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER 2010
TASKS FOR THE ENGLISH CLASS:
A) Students edit their PROFILES in the twinspace. Deadline: 30th Sep
B) Students write a brief introduction of themselves in the GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER (create new thread) forum in the Twinspace:
– where you live
– interests, hobbies
– what you expect from that Project
C) Students leave a REPLY on at least 2 students from each country. (try to find Partners to work in collaboration in the next step of the Project )
TASK 2: GETTING TO KNOW US MUCH BETTER Deadline: 15th October
students in groups of two/three.
1.Prepare a ppt presentation (max. 6-7 slides) on the topic provided.
2.Students upload them in the twinspace (file archive)
3.Teachers upload the ppt in http://www.slideshare.com and embed them in the twinpace (blog entry according to topic)
4.Students from other countries leave at least 2 comments each on presentations.(finding similarities, differences….)
TOPICS TO BE COVERED by Lithuanians
1. My school, Marijampoles Petro Armino Secondary School: – location, number of students, teachers, facilities, subjects taught, outings, celebrations. ( Agne,Paulius)
2. My town: Marijampole: location, population, landmarks, favourite places… (Robertas, Edvinas)
3. A very popular sport: basketball (Laurynas, Ignas)
4. Typical celebrations: Christmas, Easter,Vėlinės. (Brigita, Karolina)
5. Popular music/dance/cinema festivals: Klaipėda Castle Jazz Festival,Vilnius Jazz Festival, Kaunas Jazz, Baltijos Garsas(rock festival),Kaunas International Film Festival(“Visos mūzos”), “Daina” (song festivals),Great Žemaičių Kalvarija Festival,Baltic Tango Festival in Vilnius, Juros svente.
6. Lithuanian symbols and topics: flag, anthem, myth of Vilnius and Gediminas’ Castle.
7. Famous museums and galleries.
8.Television : programmes we watch, famous series, cartoons…..
9. Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania : location, population, what to visit and do there. (Paulius, Agne)
1. Lithuania: geography, main cities, forests,lakes, rivers, the sea…., government (Laura, Evelina,Karolis)
2. Rumšiškės National Museum. (Lukas,Modestas)
3. Typical hobbies of Lithuanian students. (Sandra, Simas)
4. Lithuanian folklore: music and dance.The Lithuanian Folk Dance Festival .Kaziukas Fair.Trakai Medieval Festival
5. Lithuanian music scene: which singers/bands young Lithuanians listen to.
6. A celebration: St. Jonas (Joninės) (24th June), Užgavėnės
7. Lithuanian cuisine: food and drink
8. Famous people.
9. Other main cities and beautiful places to visit: Kaunas, Klaipeda, Panevėžys,Šiauliai, Nida.
To see slideshows click here.
TASK 3: FORUM: ENERGY AND US.
Create 3 threads
* How green are you? What do we do in our daily life to help the environment?
* From the moment you get up to the time you go to bed you waste energy. Are you conscious about it? What do you do which is a waste of energy? What should you do?
* Reduce, recycle, reuse. Do you put the three R into practice? What do you reduce, recycle and reuse?
TASK 4: : ENERGY AND XMAS.
* FORUM: What could Father Christmas do, apart from travelling on a sledge, which is pretty ecological, to contribute to save the planet?
Or find a picture representative of how we use and/or abuse of energy during the pre-Christmas period and at Christmas. Describe and comment it.
ART CLASS: DEADLINE:MID-OCTOBER
– Competition: a logo for the Project
– Each school scan the best ones, upload them in the Twinspace and students vote for the one which will represent the project.